Saturday, March 15, 2014

Guilty!

I read a Facebook post this week entitled something like, 27 Things Parents Do. While reading it, I've gone over my days, and thought, "Well, I definitely do some of these things." Now, I realize that my little one is still too young for me to have to do some of them, but I am absolutely guilty of several. Let's see...

Chowing down on junk food while they are sleeping...
This is 100% true. I am a person who eats their feelings. If I'm stressed, which is often, I'm going to eat chocolate, or Cheez Its, or some Pioneer Woman cinnamon rolls. I obviously don't want to share these guilty pleasures, so I have to wait until there is no chance of having to. There is a chance, that I may even be guilty of hiding in the pantry, so as not to be seen, just to eat a secret snack! And I probably look something like this...


Telling my own version of a story...
Guilty! Seriously, some of these stories are so long, I could put my hair into dreadlocks, and still not be done reading them. Who decided that a book made for a child age 1-4 should be 43 pages long, with size 10 font? Not this girl! My story?

"Ariel was a mermaid, who really really wanted to be a human. She asked an old lady to help her. The old lady made her a human. She fell madly in love with Prince Eric, and he fell madly in love with her. They got married, and they lived so happily for the rest of their lives. Awwwwwwe! The End."

What's so wrong with this version?

Order a kids meal at the restaurant, just so I can have a taste...
Of course! If I'm going to pay $5 for a kids meal, I'm definitely going to make sure I get some of that mac n cheese. I mean, I have to make sure it's a safe temperature and tastes okay, right? Absolutely. I could be saving her life.

Use your kid to get out of doing something...
I don't do this very often, but I have done it before. It's the easiest reason ever. "I'm so sorry, I really can't leave her, because I have to nurse her to sleep." What a great (and true) excuse! You know you do it, too!

Forgetting the name of other kids' parents...
I am part of a MOMs club, and it has so many members, that sometimes I just can't remember everyone's name! They're all like, "Hey Jean! How's it going?" and I'm over here like "Heeeeey.....uh... You!" What to do at a time like this? Send in the 4 year old! She is always a good one at finding out names! Whew, way to save the day, girly!

Talking non-stop to random people...
Oh my goodness, let me tell you... When you are in a house all day with children, I guarantee you will talk to literally anybody willing to have a conversation. The Terminix guy? We're best friends, for sure. The TruGreen guy? You know it! The old woman at the mall, who was really just wanting to acknowledge the fact that I have children with me who are impossibly close in age? They all started the conversation! I'm just saying...don't ask me how it's going, or how old the kids are, or say how cute they are, because I promise, I WILL tell you!

Dancing in front of your kid like you wouldn't around anyone else...
This is something I do daily. How do you expect to stay happy, if you can't dance it out?? It's fun! Throw out some old school moves! A little Pulp Fiction, some of The Swim, The Twist, The Washing Machine... Yep, they've seen it all! Go for it. Though, I will admit, there are definitely adults out there who have had to witness these dance moves, as well!

So, these are the acts that I was guilty of. No shame here! I've come to realize, that I do what I have to do, to stay happy, and alive! If sneaking a snack, or talking my (awesome for listening) boss' ear off, or dancing like a fool makes my day that much better, I can't complain! At least I CAN do those things! It also never hurts to break out in song and always remember... The sun will come out tomorrow! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment